Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

ProductivityBase64

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

joebucci
Keen Member
Keen Member

ProductivityBase64

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:27 pm

How about application software? I have a heck of a collection, spanning more than 10 years of searching, and some of my own transfers I did back in the 90's. How about some GEOS stuff... I have it ALL!

peace.
Joe Bucci
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:13 pm

I am working on this for 2 or 3 years now. It is still not finished, but I hope that this or next year it contain enough titles to release it. :D
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:02 pm

i would really like to see that :)

also you could add (dare i say it?)
a database of Unofficial Utils crunchers, graphic rippers ect.

did i say that out-loud! :shock:
gklinger

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 am

This is long overdue. There are lots of places to find games but finding applications is a hit and miss business. I've been collecting software with the intent of putting up a website eventually but if you're working on a project, I would love to contribute everything I've got (including time.) Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Call me Golan; my parents did.
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:58 am

The good news is: I'm still working on it! The collection includes all sorts of packers/relocators, disk copiers etc. also.
At this moment the collection has over 2400 entries, there are several hundreds of images to add before anything can be released. I don't have much spare time at the moment, but the queue of images waiting to be added gets shorter every week.
So I hope this year or maybe the beginning of next year it is sort of complete.
joebucci
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:43 am

Well, I have about 103MB of various Productivity apps. All commercial stuff. Quite a few "originals". And about 112MB of just GEOS software.. All of it. (and GEOS games).

My final collection will span 3-4-5 CD's. I may even go with a DVD just to keep it on one disk. Of course, the Gamebase frontend and emulators and whatnot will be on a separate disk.

I'm excited that my son found the Gamebase_v4_CD2 (With the games). I have contributions from Pete at the Preservation project as well.. (Thanks Pete!). And other people as well. I'll mention them in another post.

If anyone has something they think *nobody* else has, please send it to me. I'll gladly make my collection available to you! I have access to a small server. (My son is in the business). I can put a link to it there.

I'm not really much of a gamer, but I do fire up a game or two now and then. I just want to have "EVERYTHING". :) And I'm getting pretty close!

mailto:joebucci@netzero.net

Salute' :)
Joe Bucci
NLS

Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:21 am

so do you have TOSEC collection for C64?
---
NLS
joebucci
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:37 pm

No, I don't have that particular set. I have the Blast Collection, Dotson, Funet, Gamebase, GEOS (1988), GEOS (1999), 64games.com collection, Partial Preservation Project, and much, much more.

Example: I believe I have the only working copy of "Bank Street Music Writer" in existance. Yes, I found the "Original" disk somewhere online. It didn't work in any emulator. But, my personal (Unfortunately Snapshotted) USA version is the ONLY one that works! (In NTSC mode in VICE)

Is there much in the TOSEC collection that I wouldn't have? Applications are mainly what I'm looking for.. GB64 has the "Game" thing pretty well covered.

I even have most of the "Applications" that I typed in myself from RUN and Gazette from 88-92! Which I haven't seen ANYWHERE during my 15-odd years online!

I'd work something out with you! :)

Thanks!
Joe Bucci
NLS

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:10 pm

TOSEC is possibly the most complete collection.

The most current (and still in fact, outdated) Amiga related TOSEC consists of:

27,92GB main archive - I have this
216,73GB Amiga CD archive - No space for this yet
52,54GB CDTV + CD32 archive (yes those were not in the above) - I have this too

total: 297.19GB

(everything in all those zipped)

Now without insulting you, I'd say your collection is pretty basic compared to that.

Possibly covers a huge percent (90+%? 99,9%? maybe 100%?) of what you have and unbelievably much more that you don't.
---
NLS
NLS

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Now to clarify things, TOSEC was never intended as a "collection".

TOSEC started as a naming convention of software for every piece of computing (not necessarily computer) hardware (so it is much bigger than Amiga).

Now this led to unique naming and hashing of everything in this monster list and this in turn lead to people making the actual collections based on those.

Personally I am a fan and supporter of TOSEC - not because it made anything better than others, but because it grew so large that I only find it logical to use THIS for everything else and expand THIS with everything "new".

For example I would love if people in here used TOSEC folder and naming for their collections (already talked with gb64 and gbamiga guys and we disagree on the subject - but some of the guys making the other gamebases do follow this).

This would eliminate the need for duplicating the SAME "ROMs" (or in the case of Amiga ADFs and isos) for no real reason.

Also would be a "common base" for any future gamebase expansion. We would already know (and possibly already have) the ADFs (if I talk about GBAmiga) that are to be added in FUTURE GBAmiga revisions. :)

Anyway... trust me you have a loooong way to go. If you believe you have some things that are unique (really rare or one of their kind) I'd suggest you compare with the latest TOSEC dat (hope you do know what a dat is and what clrmamepro is) and then contact any of the TOSEC maintainers to add those to TOSEC.
---
NLS
joebucci
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:52 pm

NLS, Thank you so much for your input! I have gone to http://www.planetemu.net/ which claims to have all the TOSEC collection. And I have gotten quite a bit from them. So far, I have over 3GB of C64/128 stuff.

Granted some of it is screenshots, and other info from the Gamebase64. Is there an ftp site that will allow me to grab everything C64 from PlanetEmu.net without downloading "individually"?

I'm not insulted at all, I'm exited that I may actually ADD things to my collection.. Usefull things. I've gone there quite often. I would hardly describe my 3GB collection as "Basic". Why? Because I consider the Amiga to be a different animal altogether.

If I decide to put an "Amiga" collection together. It would be a completely different project. I'm just not particularly interested in collecting Amiga stuff.

JB
Joe Bucci
NLS

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:45 pm

I suggest you visit http://full.pleasuredome.org.uk
It is a torrent site (and you have to keep a good ratio) but has unbelievable wealth.

Since you mentioned CBM64, they have full latest GB64 5.0 (~5GB) their CBM64 TOSEC collection is also ~5GB+.

I suggest you are sitting down when you first visit the site and wear diapers (you might get toooo happy hehehe).

I'll be happy to see you there.
---
NLS
joebucci
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Hahahahaha! Thanks NLS, I'll have my son checkit out. Torrent site's make me a little nervous. That's how I got the Gamebase CD! He found it for me! HAHAHA!!

Thanks again, I'll check it out! (And I'll make sure I have "Double Depends" on! HAHA!!

JB
Joe Bucci
joebucci
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Ha! We seem to have strayed off topic a little. Yes, I am happy to have a very large collection of "games". That's not really what I'm looking for.

ProductivityBase64 - That would mean Data, Graphic, Word Processing, Desktop Publishing, GEOS, Timeworks Programs,.. Real Software for the 64 (Not PD stuff!!). And when I was saying I had about ALL of it, That's what I meant. Work Software.

The Commodore 64 "Computer System"

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout....

;)
Joe Bucci
NLS

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:57 pm

TOSEC C64 collection is not just gaming.

Maybe I can send you a list?
---
NLS

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”