Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Atari 8 Bit Gamebase

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 pm

dax wrote:Tnx x 1000 for update. Have You added some new games (2010-12) from http://atarionline.pl, like I suggested several weeks/months ago ?
I added a lot of stuff from that website in the last version, i ran out of time to recheck it, as i want to get another version of AmstradMania out before xmas.
Gamebase Developer
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Appreciate it a lot! Support in progress... :D
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks Mark.
ViejaEra

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:33 pm

I did a little update to this gamebase, I fixed a few typos, and removed a lot of spaces (think that all) at the end of the game name, so it avoids the ... in the gamebase list.

mediafire - ?bxreub5mhe4z2tx
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Would be good if Mark use it (if You have done good job ;)) because if he don't, Atari 800 v12 (if possible in future) won't have it. In other words changes at Creator side are better than on Customer's ;)
ViejaEra

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Yes, it would be better, hope the author use this little collaboration, I just modified a bit the games names, so it shouldn't represent any problem.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:58 am

ViejaEra wrote:Yes, it would be better, hope the author use this little collaboration, I just modified a bit the games names, so it shouldn't represent any problem.
Can you give me some examples of name changes so i can check it out with my DB, if i can see improvement then i would use your new DB.
Gamebase Developer
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 am

Will you post a few for me to see please Mark, I've seen may people incorrectly name an Atari game and we can't have your lovely gamebase being corrupted ;)

ViejaEra, don't worry I'm sure you are perfectly correct, its just that the Atari 800 etc are my favourite 8bits out there, I've got a lot of history with them in many area's of the field of Atari's.

I sold them, repaired them, reviewed games for them, hacked and cracked stuff, got games published and a whole lot more so I just like to see everything is as it should be..
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:29 pm

there are 236 titles with trailing spaces in my older copy.
"\" represents a space at the end of the name.

This is a common problem when cut and pasting names from websites or lists.

Essex\
Escape from Epsilon+\
Ernie's Magic Shapes\
Early Games for Young Children\
Early Games Music\
Early Games Piece of Cake\
EasyReader - Learn about Words 1\
Educational System Master Cartridge\
EKG Teaching\
Executive Decision Maker\
Field Of Fire\
Fiji\
First Steps With The Mr. Men\
FEAR - Figure Eight Auto Racing\
F#*k Commodore - The Ultimate Adventure Experience\\\\
Gruds In Space\
Guess a Number\
Gwendolyn\
Geografia-Test\
Good King Zurp\
Galactic Adventures\
ViejaEra

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:12 pm

hardmanm wrote: Can you give me some examples of name changes so i can check it out with my DB, if i can see improvement then i would use your new DB.
Hmm... can't remember exactly, but only like 3 or 4 typos, something like "teh" instead "the". Also I removed a lot of spaces before the comma. "Game , The" (fictitious example). Next time I will try to keep a log of the changes.
In the Spectrum gamebase for example, there are some games that have the word Espana, it should be España, I know that it isn't in your keyboard, you may copy+paste it ñ Ñ. A game that I always fixed the name is Emilio Butragueno that it should be Emilio Butragueño. Just a small details trying to reach perfection :)
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 pm

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-779ee01d.html

Hi Mark,
this has the all the typo errors listed fixed.
Plus all games Times Played reset to Zer0

Probably the just same as above, but i can't seem to download it.
Crosis

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 am

Does anyone know where I can grab the LATEST version of this GB, complete? I dont have access to UG and DAX's links are dead at the moment. Also, Which version is the latest? I've seen both V10 and V11 one called Atari800 and another Atari800XL?

Thanks!
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Crosis wrote:Does anyone know where I can grab the LATEST version of this GB, complete? I dont have access to UG and DAX's links are dead at the moment. Also, Which version is the latest? I've seen both V10 and V11 one called Atari800 and another Atari800XL?

Thanks!
Version 11 is the latest version, released 2012.
Gamebase Developer
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 am

I'll upload v11 with small modifications (also with additional filters). Please give me 24-48h max. (EU nomenclature) ;)
Patch61

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:03 am

Can somebody upload the latest version somewhere? All the old links in this thread seem to be dead.

Thanks!!

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”