Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Macintosh 68k

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

brolly

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:15 am

Could anyone please reupload the following parts:
Update 5 part 2
Update 6 part 2
Update 13 part 1

Links are down. I know I could download the torrent, but I'm just missing these 3 and the torrent contains a single archive with everything.

Thanks
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 am

today i cannot, but maybe this evening i re-upload these files.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:37 pm

brolly

Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 am

Thanks a lot!
Jim McKigney

Sun May 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi again. would anyone upload all of the Maxis Games and add-ons before simcity 3000? you know like every single version for dos, mac and windows with the iso of the cd-rom games?

I hope i'm not asking for too much.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sun May 18, 2014 9:56 pm

maybe you ask too much :P
in the future i think to make a new upate, but some games don't run or they have some problems.
logan5

Trouble with Sheepshaver

Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 am

Hi, awesome 68k setup! Thank you! Sheepshaver loads but doesn't launch the game...Any help please?
logan5

Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 am

Nevermind, I moved everything to my c drive and now it's working :) If I wanted to add some games to sheepshaver how would I go about doing that? Ares Rising and the Ultima III remake would be awesome! Looks like the ones for sheepshaver are in HFV format; how could I add the games to the gamebase? Thanks again for the awesome setup!!!
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat May 31, 2014 4:03 pm

At the moment, most of the GameBase Mac68k games are Hard Drive images.
This is just the easiest way to emulate them.

Depending on the format of the games you have...
CD, DSK, SIT, HD.
they might not work.

You can use HFVExplorer.exe to create a blank HardDrive Image and copy the game installer file or extracted files to it.

boot BasiliskII with MacOS 755, attach the newly created HD with installer as the second drive, and run the installer / executable.

zip the created image, and then add the installed game files to gamebase.

if that's sounds like too much hard work...
Upload the games, and ask Seiya to add them for you. :wink:
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sat May 31, 2014 5:28 pm

no problem for me, but now i have no much time to make it..
logan5

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:51 am

Thank you .mad for the walkthrough. I can't use hfvexplorer because I can't drag and drop files onto it for some stupid reason. I use hfvexplorer to create an .hfv then open it with transmac and drag the zipped game to it. When I mount the hfv with sheepshaver and boot it gives me the unrecognized disk error...Any ideas? I'd like to be able to do it myself because I have a lot of OS9 games I want to add to the sheepshaver end of the gamebase :) Thanks for the help!

Okay, maybe I was doing this wrong. I added a game to gamebase but am unsure how to get the game to launch using sheepshaver instead of vmac (which it defaults to). I'm stuck here! Thanks!

Been working on this a bit now and found something out which may be of help. I added a new game but used one already in gamebase (mars rising) which uses sheepshaver. I right click on the new game and go to GEMUS. I add emu=sheep to it and figured that would work. Sheepshaver crashes upon startup but the original version works ok. How can I correctly add a game to the gamebase?
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:00 am

if game crashes maybe don't work on emulator.
i found many games that crash on every emulator: mini vmac, basilisk2 and sheepshaver.
Some very old games run on sheepshaver only..

If sheepshaver crash, or you have use task manager to close it next time that you launch you haven't sound, so you have to relaunch.
logan5

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:12 am

Hi, thanks for the response. I think you misunderstand. I can launch Mars Rising in gamebase with sheepshaver. If I try to add the same game as a new game it won't launch. Mars Rising works the way you added it but if I re-add it as a new game it fails. Does that make sense :)

I was hoping to add:

Ferazel's Wand
Ares Rising
Glimmer
Mac Do
Bricles
Dark Castle
Maelstrom
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 am

logan5 wrote:I use hfvexplorer to create an .hfv then open it with transmac and drag the zipped game to it. When I mount the hfv with sheepshaver and boot it gives me the unrecognized disk error...Any ideas?
you can not run ZIP as a gamefile from a HFV.
You must extract the files so the Mac can read them.

if the file is a SIT (same as ZIP), you must use STUFFIT (installed on the OS755 HD image) to extract the files.

with my old XP setup, i can only use up to OS8 with BasiliskII.
so will be unable to get any OS9 games running with sheepshaver.

i will try to get the games installed on a HD image for you (if at all possible). But won't be able to test if it works or not.

you might also want to search for pre-installed versions of the games you have. :wink:
logan5

Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks .mad! That would be awesome and much appreciated!!!

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”