Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

ScummVM gamebase

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

ScummVM gamebase

Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 am

i'm working on scummbase.
It works very well and i think i release at small steps.

Last edited by Seiya on Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue May 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Thats great news, i love point and click adventures.
Gamebase Developer
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue May 28, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm probably missing the point here but I have to ask the question as to why? SCUMMVM already has it's own front end.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue May 28, 2013 11:33 pm

yes, but in his front-end not have screenshots. However gamebase could be an alternative gui .
and a way for me to make something to pass my free time :P
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:41 am

but maybe you have right..
it's a hard work control every game, choose shell comands..and then zip file are very slow to load.

maybe, i can use this idea to add some games that not working very well on ms-dos goldies.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Seiya wrote:but maybe you have right..
it's a hard work control every game, choose shell comands..and then zip file are very slow to load.

maybe, i can use this idea to add some games that not working very well on ms-dos goldies.
Don't let me stop you if that's what you want to do Seiya, it's just not something I'd bother doing personally. Your MS-DOS Goldies project however is excellent and I'd love to see further expansions to it as there is still so many classic DOS games that can be added.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:12 pm

the problem is that i've download GB and GB of dos games and i never found other than these.
Ok, many games don't works and hope that one day i could recover it.
however, ms-dos goldies is my bigger project and i hope there are some other updates :)
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Fri May 31, 2013 11:13 pm

here the list of my scummbase :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nd1mkf
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:41 am

Non-working games in your Goldies collection probably just means a corrupt archive or they require a patch or other support file. To ensure compatibilty, all games should have been unzipped and repacked with the neccesary files and configuration settings. I think this was what .mad was going to do with his original DOS gamebase. It is also what I have been doing with all DOSBase games, which is why it takes such an incredibly long time to release updates. There are very few non-working games that I have come across once you do a little research (just like in the old days when DOS games needed a lot of special attention to get them working on so many different computers)

I hope you have much better luck with your Scumm gamebase.

Just as a side note: Exo has released quite an extensive library of Scumm games and manuals as a torrent. It may give you some addtional manuals and other goodies that you can add, which would make the Scumm gamebase even better. I felt that you were lacking in the 'Extras' in your Goldies gamebase a little.

I'm pretty sure you can still get his collection from Pleasuredome.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 pm

however i would like to puntualize that my ms-dos goldies is not a substitute for DOSbase

It 'a release for those who do not want to wait DOSbase and in the meantime have fun with the dos games :D

however now, i don't working on scummvm.
i go on with ms-dos goldies :)
Fox Mulder
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: ScummVM gamebase

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:43 am

If anyone has still got the ScummVM gamebase?

please re-upload. :)
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Re: ScummVM gamebase

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:01 am

i nevere released becuase it is in a status of eternal wip.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”