Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Copying files modified within WHDRun

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

theolog77

Copying files modified within WHDRun

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:35 am

I thought I would play through some old D&D games (namely the Pools of Radiance series) and have merrily hacked my way to the end of the first one. So now I want to transfer my characters to the next game in the series, Curse of the Azure Bonds. To do this, I need to give Curse of the Azure Bonds access to the save game files from Pools of Radiance.

Unfortunately for me I used the WHDLoad version of Pools of Radiance from within Gamebase Amiga. So all the saved game files only exist when I run Pools of Radiance using WHDRun - if I access the actual Pools of Radiance harddrive directory then I only see the unmodified, original save game files. Within WHDRun all changes are stored in a separate file, which I do not know how to interpret.

Does anyone know how I can access the modified save game file for Pools of Radiance in this situation? Or does anyone know how to interpret the change file created by WHDRun?
Hey - where did all the weird people go?
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:38 am

The seperate file that WHDRun creates for the changed information for each game are simply zips :)

so just go into the whdrun-data folder, find the gamefile and open it with a zip program

how you actually go about importing the data into the next game I don't know but i'm sure it's possible.
theolog77

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:31 am

The seperate file that WHDRun creates for the changed information for each game are simply zips :)
Oops ... :oops:

Would you believe that I thought WHDRun was using a clever process of just recording the parts of files that were changed ....

Thanks, I should be ok from here.
Hey - where did all the weird people go?
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:57 pm

well it checks the crcs of the files and then if the crc has changed it stores the changed files in a seperate zip and leaves the original files intact which i thought was quite clever :)

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”