Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

New GB Amiga

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

New GB Amiga

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 pm

About time we had an update on this marvelous GB, in fact it should have it's own team much like GB64 team with the aim of making it a complete collection.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 am

I completely agree with you, this GB has such a great base already so it deserves to be updated, I'm sure Belgrath and co would not mind?
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Been changing the gemus script to make it more reliable with latest version of winuae and added SPS games etc. I've noticed there's shareware games missing and other stuff from the latest TOSEC set, I might get around to giving it a serious go one day.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 pm

The more I look at this thing, the more it is so incredibly incomplete (that's no blight on the author given the resources at the time) come on people pm me if you are serious about completing this project.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Iv'e started filling the missing stuff in myself from various resources including the latest TOSEC but it's going to take time.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks for taking up the challenge OX..

Sorry I can't help but the next 3 months are very busy for me hospital wise.

But at least you know the work is appreciated..
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Looking forward to an update, the Amiga was one of my favourite computers :)
Gamebase Developer
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks Mark, I can't dedicate as much time as I did before because of personal commitments so without helping hands it's going to take quite a while.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Slow progress on the update, i've only filled in the empty titles and added new stuff for titles A - B up to now, could use some help.
GRiM

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:28 pm

OX wrote:Slow progress on the update, i've only filled in the empty titles and added new stuff for titles A - B up to now, could use some help.
Hi,

Just came across Amiga Gamebase and would love to help if I can, what does it entail?

I can donate my time in updating db unless it involves code work etc?
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi Grim, sorry for the late reply I don't check this part of the forum very often. The Amiga update has stalled, .mad. started doing his own update based on the H.O.L database but I believe that stalled also, I think .mad. has all the game content and some updated db if you want to take the reins.
jclampy

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi,
I am only new around here but just thought I would give my encouragement to whoever might be working on any Amiga Gamebase. ;)

What would be really cool would be if kgwhd or a similar project could get an update as well. I noticed that alot of the game WHDLoad versions have progressed quite a bit and the kgwhd sets are quite old now.

With the current kgwhd sets I would tend to only use the whd version of a game if it didn't have an adf version currently in gamebase amiga. This is because from my limited experience the older version whd games would usually crash whereas the adf versions would run fine but with the 'default' slower loading times.

Can't comment on SPS games as I haven't got or tried any yet.

So, although I can't really help much since I am still newish' I can only cheer "Go Team!"
:)
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed May 01, 2013 11:21 am

jclampy wrote: What would be really cool would be if kgwhd or a similar project could get an update as well. I noticed that alot of the game WHDLoad versions have progressed quite a bit and the kgwhd sets are quite old now.
I have been updating/installing games the past 2-3 years now since Killergorilla "retired". :wink:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=776946&postcount=1

Some of the new games has also been added to WHDownLoad, the latest added is Crash Garrett, so use the FTP in EAB thread to download the newest games added.
Hanse is the newest added on EAB FTP (released today (May 1st 2013) by StingRay.
jclampy

Wed May 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi Retroplay,

Do you know if WHD games are available in packs somewhere like how the KGWHD was or are games only available seperately?

Also, wouldn't the Gamebase Amiga .mdb need to be updated with the advancements made with the WHD games.

I noticed most of the old version WHD games I tried were quite buggy (to the point I was only going to bother with WHD if an ADF of the game wasn't already in Gamebase Amiga v1.6) and went to the WHDLOAD website and was reading the changelogs for the new versions of various games. Was very interesting indeed.

Have you been working on updating the Gamebase Amiga .mdb with the newer version WHD games? I guess renaming and then overwriting the old whd game file would work but then you wouldn't be able to easily keep track of which game WHD version you had.
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I know there's an update pack on the EAB FTP, it's not quite up to date though.
Final_installs_Pack_2013-02-24_Zipped_by_Magix_8-).zip (size 644711 KB)

And no, I have not used GB Amiga for quite a while nor updated the mdb.
I use real Amigas for my gaming needs. :)

Please note that new games are added as .lha archives and not .zip.
The reason for that is .zip breaks some games even though they are compressed on Amiga side.

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”