Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GB Amiga v1.7 [suspended]

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

GB Amiga v1.7 [suspended]

Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm

I've created new topic, to not mess with OX' thread (New GB Amiga). In this thread I'll post updates on Gamebase Amiga, which I've started.

Things that should be done:
1) update all WHDLoad games to the newest versions & add WHDLoad games unavailable in GB Amiga (incl. Gemus entries)
2) remove CDTV and CD32 games and entries (because CDTV/CD32 Gamebase was done)
3) remove entries/games with "foreign" (non-English) languages. Database has games with IT, DE, FR... versions. This is NOT Tosec collection. So one version of one game is enough (like "sjakie" did in NES USA, SNES USA - for example). Of course there is one exclusion. Sometimes You need retro climate - You will load ADF game (with 100% floppy speed), sometimes You will need highest speed loading - You use WHDLoad (if available). So both versions of game (ADF & WHDLoad) are necessary, but only English
4) add screenshots to every game
5) add new ADF games

What have been done till now?
I've updated all of WHDLoad AGA games and added new WHDLoad AGA games to database. Next step is to update/add new WHDLoad non-AGA games.

Stay tuned...
Last edited by dax on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:15 pm

I've had plenty of errors with WHDLoad games to run or display correct, because some of Gemus options for WHDLoad not changing UAE options. .mad. gave me his script, OX gave me his script also. Not yet used by me, but tested older UAE 2.4.1, which makes less problems with WHDLoad, than the newest 2.7.1. I'll be testing this...
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Add to that Amiga CD based games and PD games
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Must finish update/add new of WHDLoad (incl. the newest from February 2014) - 2 weeks yet. As about Your suggestion, for now more important are the rest from list "Things that should be done". Later we will see :)
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:43 pm

I decided to not continue work on this. At least for now. I don't want to lie that "I have no time because of duties" or "family things". The real reason is that I don't feel this as much as I should. Especially now, after 2 years of relationship with some nervous woman. I need to back to life with more healthy psychics and peace of mind. Maybe some others will continue work on this GB. Of course I'm still here and will do uploads if necessary, also (very necessary) I'll upload GB Amiga v1.6 with all new WHDLoad games added/updated and modifications.

So, if I disappointed any of You - sorry! Will see what future brings.
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Ah bugger! I know how you feel though dax, life gets in the way of these projects and they do demand a massive amount of time to complete hence the reason I originally said it would be be better challenged with a team behind it but thanks for your efforts anyway.

Can you upload the work you have already done on here?
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Of course, bro. It would be waste of time if I won't upload it. My upload bandwidth is slow so I do this partially. Until friday it will be ready to download.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 am

Dax,

we all have been there at times, life must always come first, with me its illness, hospital visits and accommodation woes that drive me and my wife insane, its taken the 'play' out of me at the moment.

It got to the point where I simply stopped offering to help because I could not promise I could keep to it...

Be well and get back to enjoying the world, too much PC can make Jack a dull boy....

And your work has and is always appreciated!
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Tnx for nice words, Paul. I have cure problems too. But problems (no matter how big they are) are small details in our short life. The most important is how we fight with it, which makes us stronger. Cheers, bro :D
macguyver

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks for all your work on this, dax!

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”