Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GB Amiga

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:25 pm

I don't know what the exact issue was, but the v1.0 slave was marked as bugged at KGWHD.
When Psygore released the updated v1.1 (v1.2 released since then), I installed the game and zipped it as usual, but the crashes people experienced still occured.

Not until I got the idea to reinstall the game from scratch and use lha, did the problems go away.
Retro-Nerd since completed the game without problems.

It's the AGA version I'm referring to btw.
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Doesn't look like I included Embryo WHD in GB Amiga, I've read the thread but I strongly suspect that even an lha would still break because it would still be extracted to a windows filesystem.

I honestly would be surprised if there's more than 10 games with this problem, but if you have a list I could add those ones to HDFs and then add additional hdf support into GB Amiga.
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Well, Embryo and Fightin' Spirit for starters.
There could be, and probably is, more games like this I don't know about since it's almost 5 years ago I relieved Killergorilla when he decided to call it quits (time flies :shock:).
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Tell me about it..I look at some of the filedates and think my god was it that long ago when I started it..

I'll probably just download the lhas and rezip them in windows, I totally understand why you did it but I honestly doubt that many will be broken :)
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Only time will tell. :)

[edit]
Btw, I have original Non-SPS images built from KryoFlux streams and ctraw images using Keir Frasers most excellent Disk-analyse you probably might want for the upcoming release.
https://tinyurl.com/zrprdpu

Some of these have SPS entries but are still MIA and some do not even have an SPS entry.

New York Warriors for instance, my dump is the north american 1mb version (ingame music+sfx, works fine in pal mode) whereas SPS release is the euro 512kb version (ingame sfx only). :D
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

The upcoming release is not going to be a proper release, more than likely it will just be the database which hasn't got all that much added to it file wise and a few dats..

I'm looking at the whd stuff now but eLowar created a tool that meant all I had to do was link a whd game into gb amiga and this program would add all the necessary gemus fields into the database..unfortunately that was over 8 years ago and neither of us can remember the proper import/export procedure..

sps official or otherwise is waaaay down my list of things to do i'm afraid.

edit: but thanks for doing such an excellent job with the whd installs, because I'd lost total track of things I really did think I'd have to end up creating the new installs myself for a while..
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:23 pm

btw you may want to replace the Rüsselsheim archives because on a pc at least the filenames are corrupt due to the ü
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:25 pm

The infamous PC filename issue strikes again.

Fixed. :)
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:29 pm

btw can someone post a screenshot of the last gamebase amiga running with the game tab active, I can't actually remember what the last one looked like/contained.
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Well seeing as no one appears to actually be running it anymore....I downloaded 1.6 and installed it, I can't remember if it's the last version I actually released but if it is then the new version contains a lot more info than the old one did. Here's a screenshot.

Image[/img]
cribber

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:53 pm

Have you added any more ADF's ? I would be very interested in this as there are a lot of good games missing. I'm not too bothered about WHDLoad games because I think it's better to just use a ClassicWB install for those.

FS-UAE had a nice idea but they've just included every single version of each game and is now more of a TOSEC database. I love Gamebase Amiga because it contains only the best version of each game.

Keep up the good work.

(I just realised that I registered here in 2007 and this is my first post !!. I've been trying to register for a while because this site doesn't seem to get checked for errors, I finally remembered/got my profile to log-in because it never worked back in 2007 and I gave up).
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:40 pm

There's a few more adfs added but I honestly don't know how many, the WHD's (which unfortunately you're not interested in) have now all been updated with RetroPlays installs.

I will add more adfs before Christmas and although I will try and pick the best one, I won't be testing them nearly as much, I simply don't have the time, but of course if people find non working or bad games then either post here on on eab.abime.net and I'll try and replace it with a working version and/or config. Same goes for the WHDs, I've added them but I've not tested them.
cribber

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:09 pm

When I said 'the best versions' I mean the best scene cracked version, graphic errors fixed/no missing levels etc. (I loved how the scene used to fix errors back in the day that the original programmers couldn't be bothered with !).

I prefer ADFs/IPFs because it's more nostalgic. Nobody I knew in the 90s owned hard drives so even the loading times are part of the nostalgia, and you can use save-states !

I'm sure the latest TOSEC set has discovered most of the bad dumps by now and named them appropriately.

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”