Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBase Amiga 2.0

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

GameBase Amiga 2.0

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:23 pm

It's hard for me to believe that I released GameBase Amiga 1.0 10 years ago today...

And so in celebration of this I've now released GameBase Amiga 2.0

eLowar was always in charge of the website and installer etc. So I've just dumped the main archive into the zone on eab.abime.net (You have to register on eab to acces the zone). It's set to use the latest version of WinUAE 3.2.2. and I wouldn't recommend using it with versions a lot older than this. It's also designed for GameBase 1.3 which you can get from http://www.bu22.com/. It will NOT work with any earlier versions of GameBase.

I'll put the games/music/extras etc onto the eab fileserver (will be under uploads/Belgarath) and I'll also create some dats in a few days.

Any questions etc and I'll try and monitor this thread as much as possible.

Please note this has not been tested on anyone else's PC so it might not work at all! Please let me know how you get on!

Happy Christmas everyone.

p.s. If you don't want to join eab, I'm sure some kind soul will upload GameBase Amiga somewhere else sooner or later, and hopefully eLowar at some point will update the website.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Merry Christmas.

I registered, but i am not allowed to access The Zone!.

I have started downloading the Extras from the Belgarth folder, but there doesn't seem to be any "GameBase" files in there.

please can you upload the setup with MDB to tinyurl or similar.
Thanks! ;)
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Getting access to the zone (once you've registered) is simple :)

http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:12 pm

.mad. wrote:I registered, but i am not allowed to access The Zone!.
Have a look here:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=26201

:)

[edit]
Belg beat me to it.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks again!
I should have read the instructions, but never do. :lol:

Going to merge all the multi-disk games into single archives for my copy. So all the disks will extract to the GBGAME folder.

Will upload it as fast as my connection allows.
so expect it in a few days...
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:50 pm

.mad. wrote:
Going to merge all the multi-disk games into single archives for my copy. So all the disks will extract to the GBGAME folder.
Er you really shouldn't do that...WinUAE handles zips just fine, if you leave them extracted then you could end up modifying the adfs rather than let WinUAE create seperate files for any disk modifications that take place.
nscxp2005
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Belgarath,

Thank you so much for an updated Amiga Gamebase. Would you be able to update this thread when you have fully updated the Gamebase on EAB Server.

Thanks again
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:06 pm

It is fully updated (apart from little things like dats). The SPS stuff I'm not allowed to put on the server but it's probabbly almost identical to the ones in 1.6 as I don't think many more sps were released.

The WHDLoads are all available from Retroplay's storage (theres a post by him somewhere) they just need converting from lha to zip which is easily done with something like winrar.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Belgarath wrote:
.mad. wrote:
Er you really shouldn't do that...WinUAE handles zips just fine, if you leave them extracted then you could end up modifying the adfs rather than let WinUAE create seperate files for any disk modifications that take place.
Yes i know that.
I never let GameBase handle the re-zip. :wink:

When all multi-game disks are in 1 archive.

game.zip
game_disk1.adf
game_disk2.adf
game_disk3.adf

When you play a game all the disks for that game will be extracted to the GBGAME folder making it easier to find the 2nd disk, rather than scrolling through 100's of images.
Also with those file names, the script can insert the 2nd disk into DF1: if available.

No criticism of your way, but that's how I like it. :)
Belgarath
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Ah I see but diskswapping is easy with WinUAE, no need to scroll through 100's of disk images, I don't know if it still works with your way, but if you enter winuae's gui and go to the diskswapper section, you'll see all the zips are automatically loaded into the diskswapper, just select the disk and the drive and away you go.

Although personally I just go to the disk drives and change the filename seeing as it's always Disk1 Disk2 or DiskA DiskB and just change the last letter :)
Retroplay
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Belgarath wrote:The WHDLoads are all available from Retroplay's storage (theres a post by him somewhere) they just need converting from lha to zip which is easily done with something like winrar.
Yep, it's right here:
https://tinyurl.com/owxymtp
cribber

Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:28 pm

.mad. wrote: When all multi-game disks are in 1 archive.

game.zip
game_disk1.adf
game_disk2.adf
game_disk3.adf

When you play a game all the disks for that game will be extracted to the GBGAME folder making it easier to find the 2nd disk, rather than scrolling through 100's of images.
Also with those file names, the script can insert the 2nd disk into DF1: if available.

No criticism of your way, but that's how I like it. :)
This has been a feature of Gamebase Amiga since the start I think. All multi disk games get extracted and placed in the Disk Swapper feature of WinUAE.

When prompted/asked to change disks, hold down END with the corresponding numbered key.

(i.e. "Insert Disk 4", would be to hold down END + 4).

There are also other keyboard shortcuts to change disks in different drives. How did you not know this ? It's been available for years.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Complete WHDLoad package v2.0:

Code: Select all

ftp://80.220.82.175/mirror/grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/WHDLoad_Packs
Update WHDLoad v2.4:

Code: Select all

ftp://80.220.82.175/mirror/grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/WHDLoad_Packs/Update_Packs
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
nscxp2005
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:10 am

Dax, is that the most up to date WHDLoad set?

Will this work with GameBase 2.0?

Thanks
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:38 am

It won't work until Belgarath implement it to database (repack/link files, add/update Gemus entries).
It is the newest available as "ready to use" package, dated on 2015-08-08.
I'm glad Belgarath's back :P
Last edited by dax on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”