Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GEMUS Settings in Gamebase for WHD

Discuss the Commodore Amiga database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

GEMUS Settings in Gamebase for WHD

Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 pm

Used to be able to get this to work fine - and still can on some games. However struggling on a few that just will not load up and wondering if I am missing a glaring error (most probably)

For instance On the Ball World Cup Edition I have added the WHDLoad, selected GEMUS in Type, in GEMUS field I have selected Use These Fields and entered in the Edit:

cd=dh1:OnTheBallWorldCupEditionInstall;
whdload=OnTheBallWCEECS.slave PRELOAD;
collision_level=playfields
cpu_speed=max
finegrain_cpu_speed=max
immediate_blits=false
cpu_compatible=false
cpu_cycle_exact=false
blitter_cycle_exact=false

When I then run it I always get the DOS 205 error stating OnTheBallWCEECS.slave not found

The WHD package also includes OntheBallWCEAGA.slave - renamed to this in the GEMUS - still the same error. Changed name in the cd=dh1 to OnTheBallWCE - same error

Anyone can see what the problem is??? The ones I seem to have a problem with is when there are 2 x .slave file names. I tried the golf game Links and that loads fine on WHDLoad for instance

Many thanks
Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: GEMUS Settings in Gamebase for WHD

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:06 pm

Saw a post in this thread which mentioned problems when they are re-zipped.....something I did with this one. So possible cause. Plus On the Ball also has a German file, similar to problems in that other thread.

I did try and install in WinUAE emulation and the pack extracted and installed fine, but error stated that it could not find the required kickstarts in the Dev folder.

Strange as the WHD installer ran fine and the game installed ok. Could not find the WHD folder in system though, although I did find a Devs folder with Kickstarts in there with all required files. So unsure why not working, maybe as folder not found?

May have to do this all again from scratch as I added a hardfile in WinUAE of WB31 and also tried with a DH1 of a hard disk .hdf. Both had the systems folder but not the Programs, etc, so probably why it's not picking up the WHD? My guess anyway

I'll give it a go again Sunday / Monday evening when free unless the GEMUS has a glaring error that I made.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi,

I've not got that installed on this PC yet.

this site says it requires 34005 kickstart to work.
http://www.whdload.de/games/OnTheBallWo ... ition.html

Kickstart name 34005.a500
Kickstart size 256 KiB ($40000)
Kickstart checksum $f9e3

kickstart files can sometimes get updated.
you might need to download latest WinUAE emulator, with that exact kickstart.

If it does have a German filename?.
you will need to put the files on a HDF to make it work on PC.
Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Cheers fella

May try a new WinUAE, mine is several years old now....always scared to change / update if it will mess up my Gamebase lol....only thing to fear is fear itself as the saying goes lol

Could be the rezip error quite possibly.

I'll have a mooch on Sunday / Monday
Fiery Phoenix
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:25 pm

Think I know where I went wrong - rookie error

Managed to install the WHD via WinAUE - however when I tried to then run it in the folder it would come up with the missing Kickstart messages (in WinUAE)

However all I did was then go to the folder where I installed the WHD, zipped it up and added an Extra in Gamebase and linked to that newly extracted WHDLoad to run (successfully)

I was trying to run it the game through WinUAE in WB - I suppose it should work that way, but I would always play it the GameBase WHDLoad shortcut in Extras

So successfully done with On the Ball and Capital Punishment

Phew! Now relax

Return to “Commodore Amiga - GameBase Amiga”