Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Please help with pictures!!

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

JOSHB

Please help with pictures!!

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:25 pm

I have finally figured out how to get gamebase to recognize my roms (I have to unzip them first, I think there is a way around this but I cant figure it out). My main problem is the screenshots. I have tried everything I know to get Gamebase to recognize them but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions or do I have to link all pics manually? I also need advice on renaming cart and box and title snaps with _1, _2, etc. Is there a program that will do this for me? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Gu

Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:29 pm

I have an update to my post, I followed the directions given by daveee regarding editing the dat file using Access to recognize screenshots. It worked a treat. I appreciate the help and this has saved me a lot of time. I still have some questions regarding games, but I will read deeper into existing posts to try and solve them. Thanks again.
daveee65
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:41 pm

Thanks for the mention JoshB - glad to be of help ;-)

Are you still trying to rename your pics?
I wrote a grubby little Excel macro to rename pics in the _1, _2 format a while back. It's not exactly a pro job but it's effective and will add the suffixes to all the files in a directory. I'll just tart it up over the next day or two to make it a bit more user friendly and let you know when it's ready.

ROM Recognition:-
Weidster had a problem with rom recognition and just resolved it. It might help your earlier zipped/unzipped problem - see the thread http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1017

Cheers,
Daveee
Gu

Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:10 pm

Thanks Daveee, and yes I would love to have that program. But I have encountered another problem with ms access--it wants to lock my databases after I edit them--then gamebase faults out (I suppose because it cant edit the .mdb). Im gonna play around with it tonight and hopefully I can resolve it. But it does work--the pics are now a breeze to set up and I no longer DREAD doing it.
daveee65
Keen Member
Keen Member

File Renaming Utility

Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:07 pm

Are you still trying to rename your pics?
I wrote a grubby little Excel macro to rename pics...
...I'll let you know when it's ready.
Sorry, I meant for this to just take days, but it's taken me months :oops: .
The truth is, I wanted to release it as a standalone VB .exe, but I'm a novice at native VB and it was taking too long. Guilt got the better of me eventually, so I have released the Excel Macro for now.

Anyone creating their own series of snapshots or extras should find this a handy utility. It's freely available on my website at http://www.lostinconsoles.com/snesgamebase/.

You may need to enable Excel Macro's for the program to work;
In Excel, click Tools->Options->Macro Security and select 'Medium'. Select 'Yes' to run macro's when opening the file - Trust me, it's safe (for this file at least). :wink:

Daveee
kaiserpc

Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:47 pm

funnily enough I've just created a vb program to do just that (it's only at v0.1 though - so backup your screenshot dir before running it). you can get it from http://kaiserpc.co.uk/GameBase.html
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:54 am

This is a very nice tool! There will be a few problems for games that have the same title with the same covername, like Ikari Warriors, or games that have different screenshot names from the cover names, like Pirates!. Hopefully these are rare, so it won't be a big deal.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”