Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Need help on GB Source modification (VB question)

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

J2003C
GB64 Team

Need help on GB Source modification (VB question)

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:07 am

I am unable to update the resource files to include any .ini file changes I have made. Is there a specific plugin for using/creating resource files (.RES) in VB? The MSDN help was very vague on the subject.

(I am starting to look into the source code to see if I could continue where James left off on coding GameBase. I am in way over my head, but maybe I can add just a few little things until I understand VB and SQL better.)
-J2010C-
hmj

Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:21 pm

Try loading VB6 Resource Editor from Add-in Manager, now you should see the Resource editor under Tools.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:04 am

Thanks!
-J2010C-
Runey
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:00 am

In the upcoming months I was also going to start looking at the GB source code. There are many short falls I would like to sort out. Even though it's a wonderful program and the answer to all my prayers :D I lead a sad life don't I? :lol:

Maybe we can compare notes. I'm not a pro programmer by any means but I tend to be able to fumble my way through.
mr
mrwumpus

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:40 pm

I wish I could help more. The most I've managed to do is change the global variable for screen shots so they fit just how I like. But oh how I'd love to remove the Musician tab and convert it into a "Box Cover" tab, etc, etc....
Gu

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Hi.

Maybe you can look at the screenshot size for the gbvic20? :oops:

would be appreciated very much!

regards

Dirk(sjakie) :P

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”