Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

How i can download ALL games ?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Ra
Ramirez2

How i can download ALL games ?

Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:22 am

Hi !

Just wondering, how it was possible to download ALL 15800 games, without clicking on 15800 links ?

Please help ! :(

Thank you !
Magic Knight
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:26 am

could you use a 'website download' tool and point it to the main games folder ? just a guess.. maybe this could do it http://www.spidersoft.com/webzip/default.asp
Ra
Ramirez2

Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:31 am

Thank you!

I will try this at home ! ;)

Ramirez
raqman
Keen Member
Keen Member

if everyone did that

Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:52 am

then the website would go down!
download only the games you want, or over a long period, if everyone downloaded them at the same time, a webserver could not cope with it.
IMHO
Gamebase, A new dawn in Retrogaming.....
Magic Knight
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:12 pm

oops :oops:
Fr
Freak64

Webzipping

Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:46 pm

Webzip works fine, but it will take quite some time... I'm copying evrything on that server. Posting an emule-link later...
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:05 pm

All 15,800 games currently take up just over 500MB to my knowledge.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Fractalus!

Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:25 pm

Emule is nice, but even better... post the whole thing on usenet: alt.binaries.emulation.misc
Rob Nicoletti
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:36 pm

please don't leeche, actually is nearly impossible to download from nostalgia.pl
frak

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:00 pm

Rob Nicoletti wrote:please don't leeche, actually is nearly impossible to download from nostalgia.pl
I have no problem with 1 person grabbing every single game if they're going to share via
usenet ***** or
emule ***

1 person could save the nostalgia server a whole lotta bandwidth...
Gu

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:07 pm

My thinking exactly! I'm having a really hard time downloading the screenshots at nostalgia (26% done, several hours have passed, resumed 24 times, 9-16 hours to go on DSL), BUT I think it would be really great if someone downloaded the entire game collection and shared it with everyone else afterwards.

That would definitely give the server a big break, too, and we would probably get it in less download time.

Jael
Ra
Ramirez2

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:09 pm

Yes, that should be our goal.

As soon as i have downloaded all games, i will make a rar archive and share the file via emule. Maybe Freak64 wants to shared it via usenet ?

But it was slow as hell, the download rate on the pl - Server was <> 1kb / sec...
Ra
Ramirez2

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:11 pm

-Jael wrote:My thinking exactly! I'm having a really hard time downloading the screenshots at nostalgia (26% done, several hours have passed, resumed 24 times, 9-16 hours to go on DSL), BUT I think it would be really great if someone downloaded the entire game collection and shared it with everyone else afterwards.

That would definitely give the server a big break, too, and we would probably get it in less download time.

Jael
The Screenshot - File will be ready in 50 minutes. I will immediately put it in my Emule share after downloading, ok ?
Pugsy
GB64 Team

PATIENCE!!!

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:13 pm

Please be patient, I'm sure in due course the collection will be available on usenet and various file sharing networks. We sent out enough of the GameBase Collection CD to lots of helpers and I'm sure some of them will think about posting/sharing an image of the CD just as soon as they stop playing with it ;-) . It's only a matter of time before somebody leeches all the game images and posts them too.

Of course if you try to leech everything from nostalgia you will only succeed in slowing it for everybody else. And I almost guarantee that before you've finished leeching it all somebody would have beat you to it and you'd be faster binning the nostalgia download and grabbing it from them or usenet.
Magic Knight
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:22 pm

ok, how do i get to usenet ?

i dont have news server facilities with my ISP, i'll have a go at putting it there.. if i can get to it...

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”