Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

About Gamebase portable

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

ballez
Keen Member
Keen Member

About Gamebase portable

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:15 am

If I remember a member of this forum (dax?) said that he can upload a portable version of gamebase one month ago.

Is that possible to download it somewhere ?

Thanks.
ballez
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Can someone tell me if GameBase have an portable edition. I don't want jGameBase but GameBase with portable spec.

Thanks a lot ! :)
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:59 pm

I think when Dax said portable he meant...
Everything is pre-configured, scripted and setup ready to play.
So you just need to extract the file to your gamebase folder and your done.
------------

You can use GBRegRun.exe if you don't want to install GameBase. But it can never be 100% portable in it's current form.

Due to the fact the MDB file is constantly updating with how many times a game is played, and the runable file used.
So that file needs permission to write and update itself on the media used. Or any data will be lost when Gamebase is closed.

When you PLAY a game it is unziped and copied to the GBGame Dir, where it is then sent to the emulator.
You would need to set the paths for it to unzip on your flash drive or have all the games unzipped in folders on the drive.

Which would mean a lot of work (on your part) editing all the gamebases for your path and setup.

Then there is one more small problem...
Some emulators are not portable. ;)
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:43 pm

Sorry for late reply. As because it is NOT portable, I call it "ZERO CONFIGURATION MODE" as for now. Made configurations for 75 of Gamebase systems with window/fullscreen mode, control with keyboard, xbox 360/one joypads as xinput and with xpadder, also manuals - all in English. There is also more hidden features (manual sayz about it), incl. how to make Your own Gamebase compilation compatible with "Z.C.M.". Of course creators made much more for years with Gamebase. I just do automation "outside of Gamebase" which makes GB easier to use and to not force user of configure anything. And with GREAT .mad. suggestions, which was unknown for me (for example: winuae.ini, altirra.ini and many of other clues) compilations are total independent. Of course my preferences may not be optimal for You (eg. graphics filters), but every emulators' configuration files are named to suggest "what it contains". Check "Gamebase Custom Editions" thread if You still interrested.

BTW I hate JGamebase too ;)
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
ballez
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:20 pm

OK. I didn't see the reply yet !

Thanks a lot, I will test it.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”