Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

I'm back! New version discussion...

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

Jimbo
GB64 Team

I'm back! New version discussion...

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:29 pm

Heeeey all,

Long time no speak!

Things have changed somewhat the last couple of years for me, to say the least. I'm now retired, not planning on having any more children (snip snip) and I have a bunch of free time on my hands. I want to give GameBase a long overdue overhaul!

I have some ideas, and some of you may know I started something a couple of years ago, but I want to speak to anyone who is still interested, to find out what they like and dislike about Gamebase, and what they want to see as new features / fixes etc, and what features they never use or find useless!

I've created a Discord server as I think it's easier to chat via that than collate ideas via a forum. If any of you want to join it to discuss the way forward and help shape a new version of GameBase, you can do so here: -

https://discord.gg/TmdPXyBEgR

James
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Re: I'm back! New version discussion...

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:52 pm

Glad to hear you are back at it.

Anyone that wants to see prior discussion should look at http://gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5361
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
Andyman
Keen Member
Keen Member

Re: I'm back! New version discussion...

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:00 pm

It would be nice to be able switch between various view types on the fly (text list, text with full details, image-based grid, etc.) and be able to designate which image is shown in the grid. More customization is always welcome.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”