Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Help loading Underwurlde

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

boehlahz

Help loading Underwurlde

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:13 am

Hello.

I hope this is the right place. I was trying to load Underwurlde in the latest WinVice 1.22. During the load a cheat pops up where i can use unlimited health etc. Problem is the only key that works is my [enter] key that will change the 1st line between yes and no. There a 3 lines and a start game line. I am not able to move down to the start game line and thus load the game. All i can do is to use the [enter] key - nothing else. Anyway to get past the cheat page? Thanks in advance....
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:19 pm

Maybe you have set the cursor keys to emulate a joystick.
If so, you can do one of the following:

1) Temporary disable joystick emulation. Click on Settings, Joystick settings and disable both joystick ports 1 and 2. After that, use the cursor keys to make the correct settings and when the game starts, re-enable the joystick that you disabled earlier.

2) Use a different keyset for joystick movements. In Settings, Joystick settings you can define another keyset for each joystick. When you use the numeric keypad for joystick movements, you can still use the cursor keys.
boehlahz

Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:08 pm

Hey thanks alot. It worked what you suggested. Sorry I didn't explain the problem better but you hit the nail right on the head regardless :D

Return to “GB64 Help!”