Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Run-time error '91' - HELP please.

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Run-time error '91' - HELP please.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:40 pm

I hope somebody here can help me with this one. I have downloaded gamebaseZX from this forum, which was just re-posted by hillelr, and set it up. I don't have the games yet, but all the paths were set correctly, and I ran the gamebase. All the screenshots worked, but once I got to the bottom of the list, I scrolled back up, and suddenly all the screenshots disappeared, and gamebase froze. So I used the task manager to end the program. When I started up gamebase again, it came up normally, but when I selected GB_ZX, it gave me this error:

"Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set".

All the other gamebases still run fine, just GB_ZX won't run. I've deleted the GB_ZX gamebase and unzipped it again fresh into the gamebase folder, but I still get the same problem. I tried renaming the file "GB_ZX.mdb" to "GBZX.mdb", and then changed the ZX folder from "GB_ZX" to "GBZX", just to see what would happen, and then it started up okay. But then the screenshots disappeared again, and gamebase crashed. However, this time GBZX still starts up, but when I rename things back to "GB_ZX", I get the old "error 91". I'm afraid my gamebase now has a permanent problem in it. Any idea what happened and how to fix it? I even tried GB toolbox on the GB_ZX.mdb (scan and fix errors), and it didn't fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Okay...I sort of solved my own problem. I went into the registry under Gamebase, and manually deleted the key specifically for GB_ZX, and also the key for GBZX (which was created when I tried renaming it). Now it starts again okay, but I'm afraid it's still going to do the same funny thing with the screenshots, and happen all over again. So I might end up deleting GB_ZX, especially since I can't seem to find the games for it anyway, as they weren't included with the gamebase. I still wish I knew why it has that glitch, as the other gamebases are fine, but maybe it's just something to do with that particular gamebase.

Return to “GB64 Help!”