Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Cover Disks/Tapes for YC and COmmodore Free

This is the place for your GB64.COM feature requests and bug submissions!

Moderator: Jimbo

tsaijtsai

Cover Disks/Tapes for YC and COmmodore Free

Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:10 am

Hi Team,

I have been advised to come to Gamebase 64 under EXTRAS/COVERDISKS to look for archived Cover Tapes/Disks, however I cannot seem to be able to find them. Please help?

I am particluar looking for the followings:

YC (Your Commodore New Verison) Tape 6, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 21 an 22

Commodore Free Tape 1, 4, 7 and 8,

and Commodore Free Managezine on Disk Versions 72, 73, 75 and 95.

Thank you very much!

OldSchoolJoe
tsaijtsai

Re: Cover Disks/Tapes for YC and COmmodore Free

Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:31 am

Nevermind, I have found it!

I have managed to had complete my Commodore Free collection, all except the .D64 Image for Issue #95.

FOr Your Commodore "YC" Cover Tape I am still missing Tape 6, 10, 11, 17, 18, 21 an 22.

Anyone?
Hidron
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:50 am

Can you get what you need for Your Commodore from this? https://commodore.bombjack.org/commodor ... _Disks.zip
I have a lot of respect for Gamebase creators, maintainers & supporters.
tsaijtsai

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:36 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate all whom replies to my posts.

This .zip file actually is the same as the one I have found from www.commodore.software.com,

The 1st folder has a bad tape image of a utility disk, and a record with music file which actually belongs to Your64 and not YC, however Your64 and YC are relatives anyway. The bad tape image however is the same as a disk image of "YourCommodore 8603.d64".

I noticed in this Collection some original Cover Tape are yet still missing: Tape 6, Tape 10, Tape 11, Tape 17, Tape 18, Tape 21 and Tape 22.

The author did the same thing I did and had managed to fill in the blanks with collections of games as mentioned in the YC issues.

Also:

Folder 19 and 20 are all Issue 19,

Folder 21 actually shall be Issue 20.

Does anyone know Issue 22 would be a Ripped Off to Customers because the Cover Tape contains exactly what Tape 1 had!

Perhaps they know they are going out of business and used Tape 1 as Ending to reflect the situation in some ways? The magazine article however stated "Never before published."...

Anyway I am closer to complete my collections many thanks to Hidron, and hopefully I can get my hands on the few missing tapes soon!

BY The Way I have completed my Commodore Free Collections, now I am on to Commodore Scene Magazines and its Tapes etc.

Return to “The GB64 Website”