Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GamebaseST v1.2b released!

Discuss the Atari ST database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, Cord, Paul Thompson

Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

GamebaseST v1.2b released!

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:06 pm

I am glad to report that we have finally released a new version of GamebaseST. Please do not be fooled by the beta status, it does not mean it Iis unstable in any way, it is just missing the CD install option which we had hoped would be ready in time. This in effect means you will need to tell GamebaseST where the files are, which only takes a couple of minutes.

Another reason for the beta status is that we are hoping to get get some feedback, not just on the interface itself but also on the games, have we used the best version? Can suggest and provide alternative versions? Are there music files or others files that we have missed for the games?

Are ultimate goal is to have the best versions of every single Atari ST game available from a single interface. It also means that all games are being brought together for the first time in a single archive, not scattered on menus or other collections. Please help us to make it even better by giving us some feedback!

Below is a quick summary of what is included with GamebaseST. It is avialable now via bittorrent, in fact it has been seeding for over a day so the download speed is picking up all the time. The link is http://www.mininova.org/tor/78232 It will also be available within the next couple of days on the Atari Legend FTP, but please use the bittorrent link if possible and help seeding.

1255 games supported:

49 Harddisk games
59 STe or STe Enhanced games
111 ST High Compatible games

5600 screenshots
613 games have music attached
930 game boxscans
212 game Adverts

365 game manuals
111 game solutions

Many of the games have cheats, hints, tips, or other extras!
Gu

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:03 pm

Great, thanks! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully someone will upload it on usenet...

Return to “Atari ST - GameBaseST”