Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase ST Extra... struggling to download.

Discuss the Atari ST database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, Cord, Paul Thompson

Silver Surfer

Gamebase ST Extra... struggling to download.

Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:19 pm

Hi all!

After having spent a week downloading Gamebase ST Extra through the Edonkey network I finally got it!

To make this availible to some faster downloading I made a torrent out of it.

You can get it at http://trackerwww.prq.to/torrents-detai ... id=3212069

If you don't have a torrent client you first have to download that, you can do that at http://bittornado.com/download.html

Have a nice day.

Silver
paulo

Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:36 pm

Thanks for that Silver.

D/loading now and I will keep Bit Torrent open form time to time for others.
Gu

Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:20 pm

Many thanks for putting the extras on Bit Torrant Silver Surfer :D
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Hi Silver Surfer

Thanks for making the extras avialable through Bit Torrant. I know people have been struggling to download them from Emule and Kazaa, hopefully in the future we can come up with something better :!:

All the very best
Silver Surfer

Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:03 pm

Hiya Paul!

I am sorry about not getting back to you regarding the screenshots but it has really been kinda hectic on my end. Good news though is that the growth rate of our database is silly fast at the moment, we now have 4885 gamescreenshots in the archive.

And about that hosting we discussed about, it seems I missunderstood you mate. I can't host files this big on my servers, I thought you meant hosting for the basepack only. :oops:

In anycase I think that bit torrent lends itself very well for these kinda of releases.

I couldn't even find this pack on Kazaa and emule is a very slow animal. When ever I talk to people that like and use the donkey network it seems that they consider 5-11kb/s to be a resonable/good download speed, in my opinion speeds like that is a disaster.

Anyway, Gambase ST Rocks! :D

Cheers

Silver
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:22 pm

Hi Silver

It's OK about the screenshots i understand the commitments you have! About hosting the files, if you wish you can host GBST database on your website without the extras, this should help to spread the program.

I think everyone will be very surprised with v0.2 of Gamebase ST, here are a few of the things that are in the pipeline:

1) Atari ST Emulator setup wizard
2) Demobase ST is being developed for inclusion with GBST
3) Plugins for Atari ST sound formats (MOD,SC68, SNDH, YM)
4) STeem and SainT scripts so that each game can be configured
5) 200 games supported
6) Many other smaller changes
Silver Surfer

Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:35 pm

Hi Paul,

Sounds like some great features! I hope to see 0.2 soon. :)

I am sure I can host the GBST basepack, that is in somewhat more reasonable size.

Cheers

Silver

PS. check your pm :wink:
Ex
Extra link does not work

Seedie seeders

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:59 am

GBST Games v0.2
GBST Extras v0.2

The extras have the same link so you cannot download them.

The Link aboove for the extras don't work.
From the ST Frontend site the emule link is the same link for both so you can only download the first one .
I wish more people would keep the seed up after thay download only 5 people have it and "Doc" the only user that ever let's you download.
seraulu1

''Newbie''

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information you give that's very kind and helpful,and by the way i am newbie to these forum and i apologize for my bad English too hope you understand it and by the way thanks for the suggestion again that's very kind and helpful!!!!!!!

Return to “Atari ST - GameBaseST”