Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GamebaseZX back in development!

Discuss the ZX Spectrum database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, Paul Thompson, hillelr

Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

GamebaseZX back in development!

Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:09 am

I am very pleased to report that GamebaseZX is back in development after I and hillelr worked out some differences. Hilleir is taking over development and I will contribute when time permits. He is a true Spectrum fan so I know he will do the database justice!
sj
sjakie

gamebase zx

Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:36 pm

AAAHHH :D

That's great news!!

Keep up the good work :lol:

regards
hillelr
Keen Member
Keen Member

hi

Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:24 am

hello all
i have now a more developed database
it has 7500 entries( i deleted some not working,duplicates and non game entries).
5000 of them are filled with info(genre,year,publisher-i enter only this info which i feel is the most important) and screenshots.
some of the games has extras as maps,instructions,walkthrough and pokes.
i don't think that i will make a complete database as the commodore one with all the data on each game cause i lack the time but i think what we have is good also.
if anyone wants to add to the database and make it better with more information he is welcomed to do so.
if anyone has an idea on where to put the database please tell me i don't have a web space to put it for other people to download it.
i would like to thank all the GB team who made and contributed to the gamebase engine that made all this possible.
and of course to paul thompson who started the gambaseZX who i based my database on.
may we continue to have a great community of retro enthusiastics.
bye

:D
Pugsy
GB64 Team

Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:57 pm

That's great news.

hillelr you should now have moderator priveleges for the "Sinclair ZX Spectrum - GameBaseZX" forum.
Gamebase64 Team Member http://www.gamebase64.com
Ex-freelance cheat listing/pokes contributer to Zzap, CF, CU & ACE
MAME Cheat File Maintainer http://www.mamecheat.co.uk
LeeT
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:38 pm

Have you thought about asking WorldOfSpectrum to host it for you - Martijn seems to have quite a bit of web hosting, so its worthwhile asking him?

I'm looking forward to this!
www.lemon64.com - The world best C64 site!
Gu

Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:49 am

Good to hear that this project is back on its feet! Excellent news!

As for hosting, will someone please get in touch with fogartylee on WoS? He is already hosting the old GamebaseZX files according to him and is willing to host newer versions provided someone tells him about it!

-Arjun
sp
sparks

Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:06 pm

How is the Speccy GameBase getting on and will there be a version soon to download.
hillelr
Keen Member
Keen Member

hi

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:39 pm

there is a new version to download
at http://www.sinclair-heaven.net/ gamebase zx section
there are somethings that are not finished yet.
we want to put some credits there to all who contributed to the database
mostly sites that the information was taken from plus the e-mail is not correct so you can't contact me with that e-mail .
my e-mail is hillelr@gmail.com
but the database is ok if you want to download it it has 7500 entries and 5000 of them are filled with (year,publisher,genre) and some are with extras and pokes.
bye

Return to “Sinclair ZX Spectrum - GameBaseZX”