Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Can we please have A SINGLE ZX project?

Discuss the ZX Spectrum database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, Paul Thompson, hillelr

NLS

Can we please have A SINGLE ZX project?

Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:03 pm

I am confused... everybody seems to have his own version of the GBZX project...

I have a 31MB (old) one, a huge 411MB one, two new ones surfaced (one seems to be rather big but not 411MB) etc.

"Can't we all get along?"

Please someone, get ALL those and mix them to one and then ONE of you maintain it or cooperate in updating it...

This confusion doesn't happen with any other GB project!
---
NLS
hillelr
Keen Member
Keen Member

Hi

Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:52 pm

hi NLS
Regarding your questions
Gamebase ZX was started by one man Paul Thompson who decided to stop because he didn't get to much help and he did it all alone and it takes a lot of time to build a gamebase for a system that has 1000's of games.
i made my own gamebase for my own personal use(that is why it is not filled with all the data just what interests me)
because no one was making a gamebase ZX at the time i shared what i had and this is the gamebase that was released on may 10 2007(it is 230MB without the games if someone is sharing it with the games it is the 400~ MB that you see on e-mule).
i said that if anyone wants to add anything to the database and share it he is welcome.
the thing is that for systems with 10's or 100's of games one person can make a Gamebase on his own.
for a system like the ZX spectrum there needs to be a team like ATARI ST,Amiga or Commodore.
since there is no such team as of now its a little messy but you are welcome to try and gather people form here and try to coordinate the continuation of this gamebase.
bye
One Signature To Rule Them All
NLS

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:41 pm

I think one of you should do it (people that HAD a Spectrum and have already delt with zxgamebase)...

I had a CBM64. (still would love a good zx collection - I love retro computing in general)
---
NLS

Return to “Sinclair ZX Spectrum - GameBaseZX”