Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

IS there a new update due for release?

Discuss the ZX Spectrum database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderators: Jimbo, Paul Thompson, hillelr

Ollied

IS there a new update due for release?

Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:24 pm

I don't want to rush anyone, but is there an GamebaseZX update due? My anticipation is getting the better of me....!
Paul Thompson
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:56 pm

GamebaseZX is on hold due to all my effort going into GamebaseST.

To be perfectly honest I was a little disappointed with the reception the database got from Spectrum circles. The general opinion was 'why bother when we have the World of Spectrum', which is all very nice while WOS exists and people have internet access!

I have not abandoned the project and will continue with it when time permits, but it's certainly not my primary goal, that I'm afraid is with GamebaseST.
Ollied

Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:53 am

That's fair enough and I totally understand.

I'm not sure why it was so poorly received though, I am a huge fan of gamebase64 and think that your efforts with gamebaseZX were on a par (still a long way to go I know).

I never owned an ST as I was an Amiga owner. I may take a look at the gamebase being developed for that in the meantime as I think a common frontend that uses only the best game images available is must for all us computer game enthusiasts. It's like I was thirteen years old all over again.

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Sinclair ZX Spectrum - GameBaseZX”