Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Keyboard controls (for a noob)

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

WReX

Keyboard controls (for a noob)

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:45 pm

I am sure that this is probably a really stupid question, but is a joystick necessary to play some games. I have played a few of the games with just the keyboard just fine. I have tried to play other games and can only get to the opening screen. Games like Kane and Lunar Outpost for example. I guess I want to make sure before I go buy a new joystick, it will work with these and other games, and there is not some other problem I am over looking. I am guessing you would just plug the jiystick into the USB port correct? Please take it easy on me, afterall, I have only been at the retro C64 thing for about 3 days now (and loving every minute of it!) Thanks in advance for any info
Magnate
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:34 pm

No joystick is necessary for any game. The games you mentioned work just fine, so it's probably down to your joystick keys assignment (how it's changed depends on the emulator you use) and/or the joystick port you set.
Corinna112

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Hello,
I am new here on GB64, and I have the same problem as WRex. I use the CCS64 emulator and some games (p. e. Boulderdash or Logo) don't work with the keyboard... :cry:
Can anyone help me how to set the options and explain it step by step?
Please excuse, if it is a silly question, but I am from Germany and I learned the english language only at school (and this is about 20 years ago...) and so I have some problems to understand the technical terms.
Thanks
Corinna :)

Return to “GB64 Help!”