Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

v7 no sound?

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Moon

v7 no sound?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 pm

I seem to be too stupid to set this thing up properly. i've unzipped sidplay2 in the Gamebase\sidplayers subdir and selected \Gamebase\C64Music in the HVSC Root Folder tab. When I select a game I and press "play sid" I'm getting a "file not found". Also, when selecting Paradroid and the Music tab there's no picture of Andrew Braybrook? TIA.
C64 Longplays: Download complete C64 walkthroughs as avi videofiles
Doctor Creep Real Estate: maps, walkthroughs, longplays
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:07 pm

There wouldn't be a picture of Andrew Braybrook. The music was by Steve Turner.
Moon

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Right, but what about sid sounds?
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 am

In a lot of cases, the SID file doesn't include the sound effects.

With regards to your other problem, you need to tell Gamebase to associate the SID file with the SIDPlayer.

Go to Tools > Options, click on the SID Players tab.

If there is nothing in the big box, click the first icon to create a new player. Give it a name, use browse to find the EXE file, and then most importantly click in the Supported Filenames box and enter SID. This will then tell Gamebase that SID files should be played in this player.

If you have an existing entry, double-click on it and make sure SID is in the Supported Filenames box.
tnt

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 am

merman wrote:There wouldn't be a picture of Andrew Braybrook. The music was by Steve Turner.
There is no music in Paradroid. Andrew hacked Steve's music/sfx routine to produce random sounds.

Birth of a Paradroid
Decided to opt for a random sound generation system, as accidentally discovered yesterday. It's obvious that the sound chip knows much more about sound than I do, so I'll just let it use its own random numbers to generate sounds.
IIRC paradroid.sid contains full sound table, so it has all the sfx included. You just can't select them.
Moon

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 pm

merman wrote:With regards to your other problem, you need to tell Gamebase to associate the SID file with the SIDPlayer.

Go to Tools > Options, click on the SID Players tab.
Thanks, since there already was a player in there I never bothered checking the link behind it which I had to enter manually. D'oh!
tnt wrote:IIRC paradroid.sid contains full sound table, so it has all the sfx included. You just can't select them.
Correct. So what about Redux?

Return to “GB64 Help!”