Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

I know nothing at all, any help would be apreciated

Are you having problems setting up GB64 on your machine? Ask your questions in here!

Moderator: Jimbo

Ma
Marco Polo

I know nothing at all, any help would be apreciated

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:12 am

A couple of years ago I got a C64 from my cousin(or something like that...). He was an only child and has everything ever made, and it's all in original boxes, so it should all work. He gave this to me an I tried to get it to work. Now I'm trying again, I have the actual thing, the power cord, a cord that goes from the C64 to the TV, it has 4 plugs to the tv, a black one, a white one, a red one, and a yellow one, I also have a thing that I can put the disks into, a power cord for that, and a cord to connect it to the C64. I also have a little box that doesn't look like it does much, if that might be important let me know and I'll describe it. I've tried putting it all together however I can and all I can get it to do is make the screen flash pretty colors. Any help as to what I should do would be nice, Thanks.
Gu

Welcome to the Commodore 64

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:44 pm

well well, a c64 newbie in 2004..go figure :) well, hook it up, put the disk in the drive, label up, close the flip-down door, then type-
Load"*",8,1...when its ready, type run...see what happens...it just might be the best thing that never happened to ya yet...good luck.
This is the most basic way to run a game....other ppl might have other ideas....
Gu

Re: Welcome to the Commodore 64

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:57 pm

Anonymous wrote:well well, a c64 newbie in 2004..go figure :) well, hook it up, put the disk in the drive, label up, close the flip-down door, then type-
Load"*",8,1...when its ready, type run...see what happens...it just might be the best thing that never happened to ya yet...good luck.
This is the most basic way to run a game....other ppl might have other ideas....
I can't even get that far, when I plug it in, the screen just flash's random colors.
Gu

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:03 am

probably got the colored cords incorrect. That cable i'm guessing is a composite breakout cable rather than the normal RF cable most of us are used to.

Plug the yellow into the TV's video input, red and white into the audio input. Not sure what that black is for...
J2003C
GB64 Team

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:43 pm

That was also a common problem with the vido chip. I has 2 C64s do the "random color box shuffle" on me.
-J2010C-

Return to “GB64 Help!”