Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Dragon32 Gamebase Beta2 Here

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

Dragon32 Gamebase Beta2 Here

Mon May 05, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi

This is the beta2 version of the dragon32 gamebase. The wrong paths bug should be fixed now. If it works for you all I will add the rest of the games and screenshots.

Please download and test if you can.

Many Thanks

S.S.

http://rapidshare.com/files/112838768/Dragon32.zip
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Mon May 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Thanks AAG and K.C. one again :)
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue May 06, 2008 12:54 pm

I did a quick test and I can confirm that the game images load fine. So the 'relative path' problem is solved now.

I'm still having troubles with the quotes inside the emulator.
WITHIN Xroar, I have to type shift/2 to get a quote symbol.
In Windows, Shift/2 gives a @ symbol (standard on US/International keyboards).
So, If AAKEYS sends a 'Windows quote' (
) to XRoar, the wrong scan code is sent.
If I replace
with @ in the GEMUS script, I see a quote in Xroar.

I have tried to start XROAR with -keymap uk and -keymap us, but this doesn't have any influence on this behaviour. Shift/2 is still the quote symbol and the quote on my keyboard gives no character in Xroar.

In the AAGKEYS.TXT file, I see that you can set the option SCANCODE to ON.
Maybe you can use this option to send the scan codes for "Press Shift", "Press 2", "Release 2" and "Release Shift", but I can't find any information on how to do that.
Maybe our common friend AAG can help you with this. :wink:

/EDIT:
The scan codes for getting a quote symbol in Xroar should be:
  • 2A Press Left Shift
    03 Press 2
    83 Release 2
    AA Release Left Shift
I don't know the syntax for how to feed these codes to AAGKEYS, but the AAGKEYS.TXT file says:
SCANCODE=ON Use virtual keys and scancodes
OFF Use virtual keys
So it must be possible to send these scan codes to Xroar somehow.
AAG

Tue May 06, 2008 5:25 pm

K.C. - I'll knock up a quick test app - and personal message you, along with a quick notepad test ini file.

(The VkKeyScan function I'm using should take the current location/keyboard into account - so I think AAGKeys will be "turning shift on" and pressing the correct key needed for " - which is 2 for UK but a ' according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#US for you.

I'll try launching xroar with the a us keymap with should hopefully switch the " and @'s for me!)

If needed (ie xroar will not play with is keyboards) - I'll alter AAGKeys to accpet [SHIFT 2] to force the quote through. (I don't think I wired the shift key in?)

Will be in touch
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Tue May 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi AAG

If you can let me have a copy of the us aagkeys when its done I will include it in the dragon gamebase with the normal aagkeys that I have and put in the readme with the gamebase to tell users which one to install for for their keyboards.

Many Thanks

S.S.
stanstimer
Keen Member
Keen Member

RE

Tue May 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi K.C.

Did you say the @ works for you. i.e. if you put run@ instead of run[quote] in the script do you get a " in xroar. If so thats all you need to do.

Or am I missing something.

S.S.
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue May 06, 2008 6:46 pm

AAG wrote:(The VkKeyScan function I'm using should take the current location/keyboard into account - so I think AAGKeys will be "turning shift on" and pressing the correct key needed for " - which is 2 for UK but a ' according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#US for you.
That's exactly the problem. Shift and ' is the right keystroke on my keyboard, but for Xroar the right key combo is Shift+2 for a ".
AAGKEYS should send a shift/2 to Xroar, no matter what type of keyboard is used.
AAG wrote:If needed (ie xroar will not play with is keyboards) - I'll alter AAGKeys to accpet [SHIFT 2] to force the quote through. (I don't think I wired the shift key in?)
That is probably the best solution.
stanstimer wrote:Did you say the @ works for you. i.e. if you put run@ instead of run[ quote ] in the script do you get a " in xroar. If so thats all you need to do.
That's right. For me it is not a big problem, but if you have a database with hundreds of games, it should work on all systems without manually altering scripts.
Most users have a US keyboard. If they launch it for the first time and most games will not start, there is a big chance that they will delete it and not use it anymore.
AAG

Tue May 06, 2008 7:27 pm

PM sent with SHIFT 2 support. Could you please run the others tests as well?

Thanks
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue May 06, 2008 7:57 pm

AAG: PM'd you!

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”