Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

GameBase Acorn Atom

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

KC

Update Acorn Atom Gamebase

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:02 pm

I made an update for the Acorn Atom Gamebase.

The link to my site will be online soon.

KC
KC

Atom Disk emulation

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:07 pm

In the update for the Acorn Atom GameBase, I added some disks with an auto loader.

KC
KC

Link to the Update Acorn Atom GameBase

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Let's see if the link for my site with the Acorn Atom GameBase update works now:

http://home.kpn.nl/k.van.oss/download/G ... Update.zip

Have fun 8)

KC
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi KC,

thanks for the update 8) :D
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
KC

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi Vicman, K.C.

I downloaded the Acorn Atom database v1.01 from the link at page 1 and installed it on my PC. The SendKey command from the Acorn Atom GEMU Script does not work any more. I saw that the Acorn Atom GEMU Script was updated to version 3.1 and the emulator did work with version 3.0 but not with version 3.1.

v3.0:
Run_Emulator_Send_Keys([%waitstart_value%]+{=}r.+{2}%gamename_value%+{2}{Enter}||%typingspeed_value%)

v3.1:
Run_Emulator_Send_Keys([%waitstart_value%]{C96}r.{C34}%gamename_value%{C34}{Enter}||%typingspeed_value%)

Greetings
KC
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Probably you don't use the most recent version of GameBase 1.3
Sending ASCII values with the Run_Emulator_Send_Keys() function was introduced in the latest beta release.
KC

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 am

Hi K.C.

I downloaded GameBase from the link in this topic on page 1:

http://www.leesti.com/gamebase-setup-v1.3-full.exe

Is this the latest version? If not, where can I find the latest version?

KC
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:22 am

That's the correct URL. But if you downloaded it before 30-06-2010, you have to re-download it, because it was updated then.
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:41 am

Superb gamebase especially considering how difficult it is to create one for this system. Absolute top job.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 pm

1) I get this message when trying to run this gamebase:

"Unsupported Windows version detected.

Detected ?
Required 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista

This Program requires advanced features that are only supported by the above versions."

The games seem to run anyways, but this message appears on screen until I close it. Sometimes the message comes up, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the game. What does this mean? I'm running Windows 7 with the latest version of the gamebase with the update added.

2) Also, running in fullscreen mode reverses the colors - I'm assuming it's because of the famous Windows directdraw incompatibility glitch with older games. The only way I know how to correct this is by running "taskkill /f /im explorer.exe" before starting the gamebase. Then fullscreen is not reversed. I guess there's no other way to solve this then huh?
Last edited by oknihcap on Sat May 28, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu May 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi oknihcap,

sorry, can't help you out here.
I use Win XP....don't know if there is any other solution on Win7 :(
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Fri May 27, 2011 3:04 pm

okhnihcap: I use Gamebase and Acorn Atom emulator with Win'7 x64 - works great for me, but if You have problems with that, use compatibility option in Win'7 (right mouse button on EXE You want to run and select different Windows mode for compatibility).

yep, full screen mode reverses colours in several emulators in Win'7 and with some graphic drivers. I used "DirectDraw_Compatibility_Tool" and it helped (but not everytime). Link to program:
http://crappybitter.livejournal.com/tag/ddc_tool

or check "Windows XP mode for Windows 7" - it uses virtualization and may solve both of Your problems at once :)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... nload.aspx
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks for the suggestions but no luck.

The first thing I tried was the compatibility mode, and that made no difference for me. Still the same pop-up message. Try running Space Invaders - for me I get that message.

I'm familiar with that directdraw compatibility tool but thanks for posting it anyways for others. I ran it and now the colors seem to be okay now.

Any other ideas what could be happening with this error message? Could it be that this version is running an older dosbox? Would a newer dosbox exe help?

I'd like to avoid the virtualization XP mode because it just seems like another headache keeping XP in running order.

ALSO - here's a couple screenshots of how the games are looking on my screen. The video seems not "centered" - notice the bar on the bottom of the screen. This doesn't seem right and it's happening on all my games in this gamebase. It doesn't look like the screenshots do in the gamebase.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/capturell.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69 ... re2fr.png/

EDIT: well I installed the latest DOSBox and tried it with Space Invaders - the message still comes up. Unfortunately for now this gamebase is unplayable for me if I can't get this thing figured out. And I really want to get this working.
sut
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

http://atomulator.acornatom.co.uk/

Not sure if you've seen this new Windows based emulator, not sure how easy it would be to adapt your script but it seems a better emulator than the one in current use.
Author: Gamebase Atari 5200, Gamebase Atari 7800, Gamebase Odyssey 1, Gamebase APF, Gamebase Channel F, Gamebase Action Max, Gamebase VideoBrain.

Contributor: Gamebase Archimedes , GamebaseST, Gamebase RCA Studio II
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:07 pm

thanks for the info, sut 8)
I haven't noticed that someone has now written a windows based emulator.
I will play arround with it, when i found some time.

But i think K.C. has to write a new script for us :D

cheers,
Vicman

btw. Happy New Year to all GameBase-Freaks !

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”